Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Happy Birthday Ivelina!

Ivelina,

Today you are EIGHT!  Wow! How I wish I was with you on this special day.

I wonder how much older you look today than when we met you in January.  Is your hair still super short or have your caretakers allowed it to grow out like they said they would?  I wonder how tall you have gotten and how much weight you have gained. I wonder if your little foot will still fit the outline I traced onto construction paper back in the winter.

I have no idea if you will be recognized on your birthday today. I wonder if you will get some extra hugs or a present or a cupcake.  Will someone sing a happy birthday song to you? I hope so.

What I do know is that you have many family members thinking of you today.  They are praying for you and for us as we make plans to bring you home.  In fact, just today we booked our airfare to come get you!  In just 15 days we will pick you up from Kalinka Children's Home and we will begin the long journey home to North Carolina.

What I also know is that you are LOVED more than you know.  You may not feel it today, but it's true.  I cannot even count the number of friends, family, church members, classmates, coworkers, online friends, community acquaintances, and complete strangers who have had a hand in helping us bring you home. When we arrive in Bulgaria to pick you up in 15 days, please know that hundreds of people are cheering us on. When we arrive back on NC soil, hundreds of people are welcoming you home.This whole thing could not have happened without SO much love from SO many people!

You probably don't even know this, but on this birthday, you are no longer an orphan, Ivelina. You are a Moorhouse. You have a family. You are our daughter. You probably don't realize this, but on the other side of the world today, you have a beautiful bedroom full of little girl things. You have parents who are packing a suitcase for you full of your very own clothes. You have a one-way ticket home that is booked and ready to go! You probably don't think about these things yet, but God has had a big plan for you. God has not forgotten you. He loves you!  He chose us to be your parents to love you and to raise you up! You are in for some very BIG changes in your life, but they will be good. God is good, and I can't wait to see all the wonderful things He has in store for you!

Happy Birthday Ivie.  Just a few more days and we can celebrate together!

Love,
Mama and Taty

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful and so true! I can hardly wait to read all about it. This brought happy tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good! And He has big plans for all of you! This made me cry, its so beautiful! I cant wait to see how God uses the three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She doesn't know that today is her best birthday yet! This brought tears of joy to my eyes! So beautifully written! I think of you all often and can't imagine the amount of anticipation! 15 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. I can't wait to see her home with her mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love