- The notary ladies at the bank run when they see you coming with your stack of papers
- The Fed Ex workers know you by name
- You hear a song on the radio and think, "This would be a great song to set our gotcha video to one day."
- You pass by a pretty park or building and think, "That would be a great spot for an adoption photo shoot once we bring him or her home."
- You literally watch for the mailman everyday hoping for your criminal background reports (or insert other official document here) to show up.
- When you pray over your meal, you automatically wonder what your child is having for dinner that night, and you find yourself praying over that meal as well.
- Also when having your meal, you can't help but imagine one more filled chair pulled up to the table.
- You get excited about coffee dates with your social worker!
- At-home date night = online adoption education modules!
- Literally every craft you see becomes something you think you could make and sell to raise money for the adoption.
- Donations of anything --money, time, fundraising help, auction items, whatever!-- are like soothing balm to your soul.
- You never knew what apostilles were, but now you're willing to drive 2.5 hours away to the state capitol to get them.
- You take photos of your spouse being fingerprinted at the police department. (and, no, he's not being arrested)
- Instead of singing along to pop and country music in your car, you listen to your foreign language CD reciting common phrases for kids.
- Encouraging blog comments make you smile because you know you're not in this alone.
- You see an obvious adoptive family out in public and you have to resist the urge to grab them so you can have an adoption chat.
- You're saving your vacation days this year just in case you get travel dates.
- You're taking Bulgarian dishes to your family Easter gatherings this year.
|Rila National Forest, Bulgaria|
Spring is just around the corner. I have read the Bulgarian springs are beautiful! Wish I was going there myself this spring. Here's a little update on us:
- We are wrapping up our home study. Only one more meeting next week, and we're still waiting on those darn criminal background reports to come in.
- We have a BIG fundraiser planned for mid-April at our church. Excited, but fundraisers are a lot of work and can be stressful as well.
- Dossier paperwork is the next big step. We have quite a bit of paperwork to prepare and whole lotta money to come up with by the end of April.
- Will you pray that our background reports come soon?
- Will you pray for an auctioneer and some folks to share testimonies at our upcoming fundraiser?
- Will you pray for time and God's speed in getting our Dossier documents prepared?
- Will you lift up our next financial goal of $5,700? I know God can move this mountain.
- Also, will you pray for one little unspoken prayer that maybe we can share more about later?