Saturday, October 13, 2012

Yard Sale Success!

Today was our fundraiser yard sale to help offset our upcoming adoption fees.  It started slow, picked up considerably, and ended strong!  I am happy to announce that today we raised

$360.40 

This would not have been possible without the help of many friends, coworkers, family, and church members.  You all donated so many great items and were so kind to deliver tables to us.  Many of you visited the sale and bought a few items too!  

It was a cold morning and no one was out early like they usually are.  I was getting a bit worried when 9a.m. rolled around and hardly no one had stopped by.  But, then the sun warmed us up a bit and the sale was on!  When we only had about 45 min. left, I was getting worried again because we still had some BIG items left that I did not want to have to store in my garage.  But, in the last few minutes almost all of these items sold.  Woohoo!  

It was a great day!  I was able to talk adoption (which I love) with many of our visitors and even met some adoptive families too!  However, I was a horrible blogger and took absolutely no pictures of our event.  

I find it so special that on our 6th year wedding anniversary (tomorrow), we'll be packaging up our big ol' envelope to send to AGCI this week.  I can't wait to get past phase one and move on to new stages in this process.  

Praise the Lord for blessing this day.  If anyone nearby me is planning their own fundraiser yard sale any time soon, please leave me a message because I have a lot of good stuff leftover that I'd be happy to pass along.

Thanks for reading, everyone! 

-Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love