Thursday, September 19, 2013

More hoops

So, the answer to our last ditch effort that I blogged about last week was "No."  

Bulgaria said "Ne" to the plan our case worker had in mind.  

What this means is that we have some hoops to jump through as quickly as possible.  

1st hoop:  tomorrow morning we are having another interview with our home study social worker.  She will then write up an addendum to our original home study report.  At this point, I have no idea how long this will take, but I hope she works quickly.

2nd hoop:  Then, we will send this update through the NBC again.  I don't have all the information on this process yet; I just know Bulgaria wants to see matching paperwork/wording from them too.  I don't know if we'll just be doing an NBC update or something else???  I don't know how much it costs or how long the wait time is.  I really dread this phase because it took us all summer long to get NBC approval.  I cannot express how much I hate having to do anything with NBC again so soon.

3rd hoop:  Sending all this stuff to Bulgaria and waiting again for them to approve everything and grant us our referral. 

Thanks for those of you who prayed for our last ditch effort, but we're just stuck right now.  Everything is on hold until our home study addendum and NBC document wording all match up.  This is a hard time for us, especially when we were SO looking forward to meeting our daughter this fall.  Now, we really have no idea when it'll be.  Please continue to pray.

Thanks for reading


  1. Good thing is you already have an officer assigned for USCIS so it may help to call personally and explain the change and rush. It may just help move things along quicker. Sorry for the delays, and extra expenses.

  2. That's true! I didn't think about that. Maybe it won't be as bad as we thought. Thanks for the encouragement!

  3. I'm so sorry! I know that's unbelievably discouraging. When we were referred our little boy last year, we had to get a homestudy update before the NBC would approve our I-800 because he has no hands or forearms and our social worker had insisted on writing "minor or correctable" special needs in our homestudy even though we had always been clear that we were okay with missing or partial limbs. We actually had to be fingerprinted again for that! The good news was that NBC worked much more quickly to get it resolved and when all was said and done, Layton came home at the perfect time for our family. Keep trusting in God's timing! It will all be worth it!

  4. Wow, Raina, thanks for this comment. So far, we have not been told that we have to get fingerprinted again (I hope it stay that way). That is encouraging to hear that they moved much more quickly with your update. I hope the same is true for our update! Thanks so much!

  5. Romans 15:13
    May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

    Stay strong and trust in the Lord that He will take care of this minor setback. Praying for you and your family.
    Olivia's mom

  6. Catching up on blogs today! So sorry to hear about this setback!! Praying things move quickly from here.


Leave some love