Saturday, July 13, 2013

Car Wash & Bake Sale results!

Today the weather in NC definitely wasn't the ideal car wash & bake sale weather, but I'd say the day was a success!  God always has a certain way He wants these adoption fundraisers to turn out.  I have to learn to stop holding onto my idea of success and accept His idea of success instead.

Today, we had ten friends/family members present & ready to serve!  










We only washed six cars today in the super-cloudy, cool weather, but we had a lot of fun!



We sold many yummy desserts too!  Actually, when we saw that not many folks were stopping by our event, we took baskets of baked goods and drove around to some nearby businesses to sell.  Then, we sold to our neighbors, and we are each taking a basket of goodies to sell at work tonight! Not what I expected, but it worked!







 

This was a fundraiser event, so I'm sure you want to know what we made!  Our grand total is $373 and counting!  I'd say that's pretty good for a cloudy, cool, misty July morning. 




So, I have an idea.  If you couldn't make it out to our bake sale and car wash, you could still help us add to this total by buying a "virtual" cookie (or brownie or cake slice or whatever sweet treat you imagine).  Just make a donation through our Pay Pal button, and I will email you a virtual sweet treat!  Remember, all donations will be matched by our Brittany's Hope grant! 

It really means a lot to have ten people working together, encouraging us (even though the weather was gloomy), and contributing to this cause.  I can't think of a better way I'd like to spend my Saturday morning   =)


Thanks for reading!
~ Shelly & Jeremy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love