Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Strangely Dim

As usual before a fundraiser, I get all stressed out and crazy about minute details.....err, wish I wasn't like this.

I am trying to keep in mind God's track record and how He has blessed so abundantly with all of our other fundraising events.  I am reminded of the lyrics of Francesca Battistelli's new song, "Strangely Dim."

"Cause when I fix my eyes on all that You are
Then every doubt I fear deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim"

This is so true for me this week.  We have had all kinds of little stressful issues arise related to this event, and for the moment I get frazzled and might have snapped at my husband a few times -- sorry Honey.  But then, I pray; I lift these stresses and burdens to God.  I focus on who He is, and it really does give me peace.

I'm still not sure how it's all gonna turn out, but if you are reading and you have a moment, please pray for God to be glorified at our fundraiser.  We have some great video testimonies to share, and we've worked hard on a nice little presentation.  People are generously pledging to bring desserts for the dessert auction, and many more people stepped up to purchase tickets this past Sunday.  The goal is to have a good time, to glorify God with all aspects of the night, and to get a little closer financially to being able to bring Ivelina out of her orphanage and into our home.  Please pray that all details fall into place at just the right time in order to make this event a success! 

If it was just about chicken pie and desserts, I wouldn't be so stressed-- believe me.  But as an adoptive mama, I know this event is so much more.  (I'm sure many of you are with me here.)  It's about our child!  Our daughter!  It's about giving Ivelina a family, a home, a future.  It's about giving her hope, stability, love and gospel.

Thank you for praying with us!  
-Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love